The PR task was to strengthen the brand equity and to build on the phenomenal success of the #TouchOfCare brand campaign in a similar manner to when it was first launched in India in Oct 2016. The goal of the integrated campaign was to maximize viewership of the online video locally and globally, with a strong Call To Action message to watch & share the film via social media.
Vicks – Learning to Love #TouchOfCare
The campaign reinforces Vicks’ belief in the power of care by supporting an online video about a Filipino man’s journey of transformation when an orphan enters his life. Through this film, Vicks sought to provoke conversations about what it means to be a family.
- A digitally-integrated PR plan was put in play to leverage the power of earned media and create the conditions that would help the online video go viral.
- The plan encompassed a strategic Influencer engagement program, in addition to coverage in national, regional and global print & online news media, industry publications and relevant magazines.
- The film was launched on Jan 21st Sunday, and by Day 2 it had garnered 1M views
- By the end of the first week, the film crossed 7 million views and coverage for the online video began appearing in international press and industry publications.
- Ten days after the launch of the video, over 400,000 people had shared their own stories, expressing heartfelt emotions via social media upon watching the video, and Vicks has actively joined these conversations and responded to almost every comment posted.
- By week 3 over 12 million people had watched the entire 4 minute film and over 100 Key Opinion Leaders had spontaneously shared the film on their own posts and blogs.